Wednesday, November 17, 2010

the question you're never asked

Tim and I like to give each other quizzes, interviews you might say. We think up questions for each other that we want to know the answers to, simple, complex, silly, or deep.

Here are examples of the type of questions we ask:

Would you rather live in a houseboat or a treehouse?

What kind of neighborhood would you like to live in someday?

If you could take lessons to learn any skill, what would it be?

When you were a kid, what was your favorite thing to do outside?

What makes you feel most loved?

Questions like that. Questions that make us think, questions that help us continue to grow in our relationship. It's fun and eye-opening to know those things about your husband, and interesting to learn things about yourself that you never knew until you were asked.

One question we asked each other recently was what question do you wish you were asked more often? That might sound like a strange question, but think about it for a second.

Have you ever walked away from a conversation, feeling like you didn't really talk to the other person at all, feeling like they didn't listen, feeling like you didn't get to express the things on your mind and heart?

I know that I love it when people ask me about my art endeavors, ask how I'm feeling and wait for the real answer, and ask me about my faith.

What do you wish people asked you more often? What do you want to share with your family, your friends, the world?

I'd like to hear about it. Write me a message, comment on this, send me a text. I'd love to know what question you are just dying to be asked.

No comments:

Post a Comment