Monday, November 15, 2010

mittens




Here is a new design I've been working on... mittens! I love mittens, they remind me of the years my family spent in an old farmhouse. When I was a little girl my brother, sister, and our neighbor friends would all spend hours in the snow. Making snow forts, piling up snowballs for a fight that never came, making snow angels, and so on.

It's crazy to think about how long we used to play in the snow, and hardly seemed to suffer at all from the cold. My aged limbs now freeze at the first chilly days of fall. Ah, youth.

My mom used to let me borrow her ski mittens to play in the snow, a lovely black pair. They were fleecy and warm on the inside and black suede on the outside. They were definitely superior to mittens I have tried on since then.

One of my goals for November/December is to find a decent pair of mittens for my wimpy hands. The quest begins!

No comments:

Post a Comment