My top ten favorite things about a road trip to Buffalo with the husband:
1. Unforced, quality conversation-time, if you don't have anything to say for an hour, no problem, still have eight hours to go.
2. Listening to music, especially picking out songs that fit the mood- just leaving joyful songs- moody moonlight songs- autumn leaf songs-etc.
3. Filling out a mad lib with words like squirrels, bologna, pants, boisterous, and chinchilla.
4. Stopping at a rest stop and discovering interesting, new things. For example, a woman shaving her armpits in the ladies bathroom. No joke.
5. Going to a Chik-Fil-A in Cleveland, finding it had the most leisurely, friendly, happy service at a fast food chain, ever. Delightful.
6. Laughing about many, many things. So many I can't remember them all.
7. Reminiscing about childhood, particularly what were our favorite things to do when we played outside and what cartoons we watched.
8. Planning our next road trip.
9. Admiring the beautiful, absolutely incredible autumn colors. The crimson, the orange, the gold, the green.
10. Being with my favorite person in the world for ten hours straight. Glorious.
And that was just the ride to Buffalo! More coming soon about our adventures in the city of wings.