Monday, August 16, 2010

a fortnight and a half in review



Wow. The last few weeks have been crazy. Good, stressful, tearful, and blessed. Can all of those things be contained in 21 days? Certainly.

I have been wanting to write all this time and I haven't found the space in between family, church, work, vacation, a wedding, and friends.

Generally, I write lovely monday posts on Mondays. Today, I'm going to write a little differently. Today, I elaborate.

A fortnight and a half in review:

1. The week before our vacation with family was one of the most stressful weeks at work ever. Period. But somehow, even though I was frustrated and cried many tears, I didn't collapse like other weeks. I found strength in the Lord through the Psalms. God was my refuge, a very present help in my time of trouble. My weaknesses didn't disappear, but God was strong in every circumstance.

2. We went on vacation with Tim's family to the Northwoods. It was very relaxing and fun. We got to spend quality time with Tim's parents, siblings, their spouses, and our adorable nieces and nephews. We also took hikes, boat rides, waterskied, and fished. I caught a ten-inch bass with Tim, and I'm pretty sure it was the first decent fish I had ever cast for and reeled in. Thank you husband for the valuable fishing lesson, that bass was a small beauty.

3. Saturday my dear brother Isaac married his lovely wife Alysa. I am so happy for them, and I'm so excited to see where God takes them in the future. Like I said in my last blog, I'm looking forward to the day they live next door to Tim and I so our future children can grow up together. Well, unless the Lord wills it that may never happen.... but even so I'm looking forward to family reunions, and trips to each other's homes, and all other good things that come with growing up.

4. My roommate from college and her husband came to stay with us over the weekend and came to the wedding. It was so fun to hang out with them, we are very blessed by their friendship.

5. Yesterday Tim and I played our first show in awhile at a church on the North Shore. It was extremely fun, we enjoyed playing and talking to people that came and the other musicians that played after the show. We are hoping that this show will give us a little momentum as we look into playing some more.

6. I started my new position at work today, and felt very relaxed... and very little stress. It was awesome. I'm looking forward to dreaming, writing, and singing more with the extra mental energy I experienced today.

7. God's love and faithfulness to Tim and I is never ending. I am overwhelmed with how He has cared for us this year, and amazed at how He continues to draw Tim and I closer to Himself and to each other.

These are a few lovely happenings from my past few weeks... hopefully it wasn't too boring. How is God working in your life? What beautiful things did you see today? I'd love to hear about them. Love and peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment