Monday, January 31, 2011

i will be thankful

Today was one of the those days. The kind of day that makes me hit the snooze no less the 5 times, groan and pull up the sheets, and sigh as Tim tells me we really do need to get up now. The kind of day that makes me wish this crazy Chicago blizzard was already here.

Because I felt so morose this morning, I decided it was about time to reflect on the things I'm thankful for. I will be thankful for this day.

Today I'm thankful for:

1. My husband, who makes me smile even when I'm most determinedly sour. I love you.

2. My striped long sleeve shirt, sweatshirt, down vest, and blue jacket who together have done an excellent job keeping me warm.

3. A certain participant at work who loves chocolate and laughed with me at lunch.

4. The Gospel of Matthew, who joined Tim and I over our breakfast this morning.

5. Journals and pens, particularly a Micron 08 and a new double tipped calligraphy pen... it's just more fun to write with your favorite pens.

6. Sunlight, increasing every day. "When he shakes his mane, we shall have Spring again." The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe

7. Books of poetry, most recently, my copy of T.S. Eliot poems.

8. A dinner date with Tim. Best husband ever.

9. Family. Even when I don't see you all for a few weeks or a few months, I think about you guys all the time. You are loved.

10. Jesus. Lately, I have been enjoying our time together so much. Thank You for Your love and grace. Thank You for Your patience and forgiveness. May Your name be praised forevermore.

Today was a pretty good day after all. What are you thankful for today? I'd love to hear about it. Happy Monday!

2 comments:

  1. Today, for me, was definitely a *monday* in all it's monday-ishness. So grateful that the Lord is faithful, regardless of my mood. Your post was a sweet reminder at the end of the day to give thanks in everything. Thank you for choosing to be thankful & for sharing it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes! I love your lists!
    on these wintry days I too keep my micron 05 close in my purse at all times. I totally agree!

    ReplyDelete