Today was one of the those days. The kind of day that makes me hit the snooze no less the 5 times, groan and pull up the sheets, and sigh as Tim tells me we really do need to get up now. The kind of day that makes me wish this crazy Chicago blizzard was already here.
Because I felt so morose this morning, I decided it was about time to reflect on the things I'm thankful for. I will be thankful for this day.
Today I'm thankful for:
1. My husband, who makes me smile even when I'm most determinedly sour. I love you.
2. My striped long sleeve shirt, sweatshirt, down vest, and blue jacket who together have done an excellent job keeping me warm.
3. A certain participant at work who loves chocolate and laughed with me at lunch.
4. The Gospel of Matthew, who joined Tim and I over our breakfast this morning.
5. Journals and pens, particularly a Micron 08 and a new double tipped calligraphy pen... it's just more fun to write with your favorite pens.
6. Sunlight, increasing every day. "When he shakes his mane, we shall have Spring again." The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe
7. Books of poetry, most recently, my copy of T.S. Eliot poems.
8. A dinner date with Tim. Best husband ever.
9. Family. Even when I don't see you all for a few weeks or a few months, I think about you guys all the time. You are loved.
10. Jesus. Lately, I have been enjoying our time together so much. Thank You for Your love and grace. Thank You for Your patience and forgiveness. May Your name be praised forevermore.
Today was a pretty good day after all. What are you thankful for today? I'd love to hear about it. Happy Monday!